Monday, October 3, 2011

Being Present in Hope



(As prompted by Sunday Scribblings)


B urdened by fears, by quixotic
E lements appearing out of nowhere,
I  wrestle against these dominating and
N egative feelings that trample and
G ouge their way through my mind....

P  erhaps,  I think, I should no longer
R oll with the proverbial punches, no longer
E ven consider that there are other
S omewheres, other
E ventualities.... Then,
N o! I re-think, and I
T ake hold of my spirit, for

I   know that I will allow
N othing, not even this pain, to

H obble my dreams. I can
O vercome anything!  And so, I
P  ersist, and again, I
E ndure.


© Candice W. Coghill, October, 2011                   

4 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful poem. I have yet to try my hand at an acrostic poem...you have inspired me to try! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Roshanda. One of my very rare down moments ! I love acrostics and I'll look forward to your first :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oui, Candice.
    Je suis présent dans l'espoir.
    Je sens tes mots mais je ne les comprends pas tous.
    Mais je crois comprendre l'essentiel.
    Bisous

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to have found your beautiful words again Candice after someone came knocking on my blog asking after you, I'm impresssed with my own super sleuth skills, your silence over on the other blog being a little discomforting, I've visited often and the shutters are down.

    Before finding this charming outlet for your heartfelt poetry, I suggested that you were quite possibly living in the present and channelling your energy towards your family, but just in case you were offering something more up and outwards to this grand universe, I checked back at SheWrites and realised I'd neglected to follow your poetic works. And here indeed, is the poem that tells me I was right in my thinking. It spoke to me without needing to be read.

    So keep being present in hope and channelling these kind of healing thoughts, they reach much further than you could possibly imagine. Sending you love, calm, peace, Qi and many kind thoughts for your day, I hope you are enjoying the autumn colours and letting them inspire your words too.

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete